Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog monitored by thought police

Disclaimer, sometimes my stories are almagamations of things that happen to me and my peers, the blog mentioned below is an example. Does this mean I have a fan at the school board buildin? -cpg

Regarding your blog dated January 9, 2011, titled “My 19 year old sophomore says, Jail is Cool”, I am writing to remind you that school employees may not disclose “personally identifiable student information” regarding students without the written consent of the student’s parent (or the student once he/she turns 18). Under FERPA, personally identifiable student information includes any information that either alone, or in combination, is linkable to a specific student that would allow a person to identify the student.

I write simply to remind you of this requirement. I will be out of the office beginning tomorrow through Monday, however if you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me next week. Thanks.

Sonita Young
Executive Director, Policy and Compliance
Duval County Public Schools

My response:

Thanks for the heads up but just so you know it was actually (as often my blogs are) an amalgamation of experiences I and my peers have had throughout the years and wasn't describing any student in particular.

Do you think I should put a disclaimer on it or other blogs where I talk about the trials and tribulations of teachers and students? let me know what you think and thanks for looking out for me.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment