Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

How much faith does the superintendent and school board really have in Education Directions?

Forgive me but I am really trying to get me head around the Districts glowing praise of Education Directions despite evidence that indicates all they have done is pretty much collect a paycheck.

The group had been operating in the district for years but despite that our leadership wanted to go with a newly created group that wasn’t even made up of educators, Duval Partners. Think about that, the district was so enamored with Education Directions, so impressed with the job they had done that they would have rather had 12 citizens seemingly randomly picked do the job they have now targeted Education Directions to do. The district also opened bidding to other companies and didn’t decide to go with Ed Directions until just a few days before school began (giving them and the district another readymade excuse).

Let’s look at the job they have done too. 105 schools improved, 88 did worse and two did they same. I bet the statistics would have been the same if I had shown up one day at each of the schools with doughnuts. Then look at when they had most of their success. It was done during their first two years in the district. Whatever they are doing now, please stop.

Steve DeSensi was described as charismatic well he must be amazingly so, since the district fell for his line, schools made gains when they listened and went backwards when they didn’t. Well where is the data on that? How do we know the opposite isn’t true? All we know for a fact is the district is out over five and a half million dollars and no real improvement can be attributed to them.

What finally gets me is I had no idea they had been operating at my school for the last four years. I found out when I read the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment