Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Paula Wright, the one member of the DCSB who seems to get it

I am pretty critical of the school board but it’s not because I don’t care or I don’t want them to succeed, it is because I have no clue why they are doing the things they do and I think many of their decisions are hurting the district and our children.

Recently one school board member has bucked this trend. Paula Wright did so when she voted against the KIPP expansion (Betty Burney did as well) and against bringing more Teach for America recruits to the district. Both of these were the right calls to make.

Thank you Mrs. Wright for looking out for the district even as your fellow board members have forgotten that is what they were elected to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment