Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Paula Wright and the Duval County School Board kept in the dark

In the Times Union article about problems at the school for overage children, board member Paula Wright is quoted as saying: “When I visited the school, I learned there has been a change in principals and the school is in turmoil,” Wright said Tuesday. “My concern, first and foremost, is that the students at Schools for the Future are getting a quality education.”

WHEN SHE VISITED THE SCHOOL!?! The changing of a principal midyear isn’t something the superintendent feels the board should know? He couldn’t drop an e-mail; mention it at a meeting, anything?

Thank goodness Mrs. Wright visited the school but why did it take her five
months to get there? Shouldn’t she visit all the schools in her district at least once a month? Shouldn’t they all?

The sad fact is the board doesn’t want to know what’s going on. The only time they get a clue is when they stumble accidently into it. Then they act outraged. The truth is, we should be outraged by them.

1 comment:

  1. I whole-heartedly agree with your assessment of the situation, and I am glad you are running for the Board. While I live in District IV, I wish I could cross districts to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete