Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

I wouldn’t let my daughter work for Duval County

I wouldn’t let my daughter work for Duval County

These are the words I heard from the table next to me at e-street this evening. The person who said above was the mother of a guidance counselor who worked in Clay County however I didn't know that at first.

Right off the bat I knew the reason was not money because Duval pays more than Clay County, or St. Johns, two of the districts that are ranked much higher than ours and who also pay their teachers less than ours or even Georgia, because when I was in college my professors would tell me, get your education here but then head to Georgia, they will pay you better. Ultimately it turned out the reasons she didn't work in Duval instead worked in Clay was because there they valued her and treated her with respect.

Just shows that when you become a teacher it isn’t about the money. The lady next to me and her daughter obviously knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment