Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

We all know Duval County doesn't care about its teachers

This was a comment on another post and if you have a friend who is a teacher in the city it may be something you have heard before. -cpg

Chris as I have said before I got out of teaching due to a Principal like that. I came from a good middle class elementary school where I had a High performing evaluation and merit pay to an inner city school with a principal who thought I couldn't teach. So I went from a great teacher to an Unsatisfactory one in less than 6 months ! To top it off 23 teachers at that school either quit , retired , contracts not renewed , transferred or like myself were given unsatisfactory evaluations. The principal was moved from another school due to pressure from parents as her personality didn't fit the other school. So this one wasn't a fit either as she was so out of touch with her staff it was incredible. But as we know Duval County doesn't care about its teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment