Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

Is the superintendent getting a golden parachute from the district?

The district extended the superintendents contract today by two days so it ends in 2013 rather than in 2012. The explanation was this would save the district money. Funny how they just realized this but the district has never been known for its powers of observation.

I however had another question. Quite often bonuses, steps, raises or years of pension click in after a half-year plus one day worth of service. For me to get my step I have to work half the year plus one day. So I wondered if extending the superintendents contract by two days would bump up his pension the worth of an additional year. I asked the district and this what they told me.

We do not believe there are any pension ramifications.

They don’t know, so we could be saving 8,500 as the Times Union reported the district told them or we could be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. Who knows? However how the top takes care of their own I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the latter.

Typical Duval County.

No comments:

Post a Comment