Solutions that don’t break the bank, reinvent the wheel or marginalize our teachers are within our grasp. We could have rigorous classes, safe and disciplined schools and treat teachers like valued colleagues rather than easily replaceable cogs, and we could do so tomorrow if we wanted. Disclaimer, this is an opinion and commentary site and should not be confused as a news site. Also know that quite often people may disagree with the opinions posted.
Summing up the JPEF school choice study.
On the Times Union's web-site, Olgator had the perfect summary of the JPEF study on school choice.
1. School choice doesn't produce better results.
2. We need more school choice.
3. Parents really like magnets.
4. There's not enough money to expand magnets.
5. There's so much money available for charters we can't build them fast enough.
6. Charters somehow get rid of low performing students and kick them back to public schools.