Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Nick Howland candidate school board two, doesn't know how any of this works.

Some more hypocrisy from Howland. The chutzpah on this guy, it is truly amazing. All he does is tell people what he thinks they want to hear.

This is him in the Times Union

“I have experience managing complex budgets,” he said. “I think the School Board has been delinquent in not controlling spending enough. ... We can more efficiently direct our resources toward things that matter, including attracting and retaining good teachers and expanding educational options.”


Reading above shows me he has no business working on the school board. I am reminded of the, this isn’t how this works, commercial.


I have experience managing complex budgets, sure, maybe but I guarantee you have never worked with anything as complex as the school board budget. I have managed my bank account and I am just as prepared as you are.

I think the school board has been delinquent not controlling spending enough. That board includes Scott Shine, who has the exact same resume as Howland. Also the person we should really blame is Vitti, handpicked by the same people who backed Shine and who have backed Howland as well. Furthermore, where we have spent more than anticipated that’s okay unless we go under three percent in reserves which we haven’t. Also should he really be blaming the people he wants to work with? How well is that going to go over?

We can more efficiently direct our resources toward things that matter, including attracting and retaining good teachers and expanding educational options.” I have issues with the union, I have issues with the district, but at the same time I believe given the resources we have the district and union has done a good as job as possible with teacher pay. I wish we could but we can’t squeeze blood out of a rock, which as things stand now we would have to do to offer more salary. Also we are a choice district every school already has special programs and furthermore any kid can go to any school they want room permitting, does Howland not know that or like usual is he just saying what he thinks people want to hear?

I would have more faith in a reasonably bright 11th grader than I would with Howland on the board. The eleventh grader wouldn’t just tell me what he thought I wanted to hear and he would be just as prepared to deal with the district’s budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment