Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Greene's (lack of) leadership style

 Hoo boy, where to begin.

This is what Greene said about changing the school names.

“I want to thank all of the people who participated in this process, and I want to thank the school leaders and district employees who have managed this over the last several months,” Dr. Greene said. “We’ve had dozens of meetings, hours of public testimony, and thousands of votes. All of this input has helped shape my recommendations, which I will discuss publicly with the Board next week.”

https://www.teamduval.org/2021/05/25/superintendent-shares-school-name-change-recommendations/

Sigh, my decision was made last June when Warren Jones first proposed changing the school names. On the one hand, I thought schools shouldn't be named after confederate generals, and there was no on the other hand. I didn't need a year and more meetings than we had for the referendum either. Greene took a no-brainer and turned it into a year-long ordeal that emboldened racists and divided the city. 

This is bad and embarrassing. How did she not know right off the bat what the right thing was?


An actual photo from the SB building today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment