Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

K says education is in trouble

I was sent this by a fellow teacher. -cpg

by K

I'm a teacher and if it wasn't for a volunteer making signs for our door or a gift from my mom saying, "don't give up - you're making a difference and I appreciate you", I would have never known it was Teacher appreciation week! This is the first year...not a gift from a student...not a recognition from the PTA...not a gesture from my principal...

I really don't need special recognition - just respect and support...I'd be re-energized with just an ounce of respect or support!

This is a very dark time for education...

We are losing great teachers due to cuts, abnormal burn-out and the absurd idea that servicing students is some kind of profitable business first...

This is destroying our youth and WILL impact us ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment