Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kudos to Tommy Hazouri, what don’t Barrett and Burney get?

"I'm very grateful to the public for electing me and I will remain dedicated to this community and the school system," Hazouri said. "I hope who ever runs for my seat is doing it for the right reasons and that's to improve student achievement."
Hazouri said he was proud of his time on the board but said he wanted to honor his commitment to serve only eight years, or two terms.

Burney who plans to run for a third term and Barrett for a fourth obviously have a different opinion on the matter.

I have met Mr. Hazouri and where most the time I completely disagreed with what he was doing on the school board and quite frankly out of his depth, though they all seem to be. I found him to be earnest and got the sense he genuinely did care about Jacksonville’s children.

I wish him luck and I also wish Burney and Barrett would follow his lead. The prospect of four more years of them and that would make 16 for Barrett and 12 for Burney is very depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment