Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

State Board member Andy Tuck clueless or completely clueless

And I am not talking about this citrus grower who has no business being on the state board of education, advocating for creationism while panning evolution either.

Bob Sykes of scathing purple musings sums it up perfectly: from Andy Tuck at the lat Board of education meeting:

They (Common Core Standards) are “Florida standards that were developed by Floridians,”

If Tuck had any credibility as a serious guy before, he’s now lost it. Pam Stewart’s “tweaks” amounted to a predetermined 15 percent change in standards. The other 85 percent weren’t written by Floridians – and not anywhere near Florida.  Tuck might as well have said night is day.

This is pure political spin coming out of Tuck’s mouth and a signal that Florida’s education power brokers will be ramming Core home. With apologies to Nancy Pelosi, it’s clear we will have to implement Core to find out what’s in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment