Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome to Duval County schools

Earlier I wrote a piece about a teacher who was fed up with being disrespected by administrators and kids who received no consequences for their actions. She told me a story about how a second grader called her a bitch and nothing happened. This is a response I received from another teacher.

I wouldn't even bother to write a referral for that. Nothing would come of it. I'd probably have to defend whatever I did to "deserve" being called a bitch...you know, like ask a kid to open a book or put up his cell phone.

Ugh!

It should be unacceptable but that’s what teachers do now, they just take it because they know if they stand up they will be the ones who get in trouble.

This is the system that the superintendent and school board created. This is the system that Barrett, Burney and Gentry endorse when they announce they are running for reelection

No comments:

Post a Comment