Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Times Union education editor Jeff Reece said, I’m not trying to be objective or fair.

He said the following on the live blog of the school board interviewing the candidates for superintendent.

I'm not trying to be objective or fair. I will control the conversation, and I don't want a lot of unproductive back and forth between posters. I post those things that I think contribute to the actual conversation.

The conversation has just become what he makes it, what he decides, just like the education coverage in Jacksonville has become, education coverage that has done this city a disservice.

We wonder why we are in trouble, how things got so bad, well part of the problem is those people charged with informing us have fallen down on the job, they have let their opinions supercede the search for the truth.

4 comments:

  1. You delete comments that you don't agree with. Pot, meet kettle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I delete comments that call me or other people names. I will refrain from calling you a name here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have called me names on multiple occasions. And your passive-aggressive defensiveness belies your obvious inability to deal rationally with people who disagree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying you are ignorant or you don't know what you are talking about is not name calling and people disagree with me all the time through reasonable people listen to facts and evidence not their guts or talking points from people with an agenda.

    ReplyDelete