Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shine on

Recently I wrote a piece based on a post on Mike the Teacher's blog.

In my piece I wrote about how Scott Shine belittled poor kids and implied teachers were little more than greedy and self serving. Mike was kind enough to inform me I got the second part wrong, so I took down the original post.

Mike said instead Shine thought all teachers should worry about was salary and increasing their numbers and leave reform and other issues alone. I see problems with that too but I guess the bottom line is I got the greedy teacher rift wrong.

My opinion about Shine has not changed, he has a long way to go if he wants to be a decent School Board member but at the same time it doesn't do me or teachers or local education any good to get things wrong and hide from it when I find out.

Here is a link to the Mike the Teacher piece: http://www.miketheteacher.com/elected-school-board-member-launches-anonymous-personal-attack-against-teacher-who-criticized-him/

1 comment: